Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gluten Free Living conference

Hi Folks,
The people with Gluten Free Living magazine did a terrific job with their conference. I have TONS of samples for our next meeting, mostly snacky stuff, but it's still good to know what's out there if you want a treat. I have tons of business cards, and I took notes on all of the talks that I went to. I have some obligations that will be taking me away from the computer for about a week, but as soon as I'm caught up and find the time, I will list who they were and what the talk was, and if you'd like me to email you my notes, I can do that (with the glaring caveat that these are just my notes, not to be taken as gospel-- sometimes they went fast, sometimes there was  a screaming child, so I didn't get every word they said!)... but it's always re-energizing to see how much investment there is by the folks with a personal stake in promoting gluten free awareness and health. Just about everyone involved either has celiac disease/gluten intolerance, or a loved one who does. I renewed my subscription to the magazine. It's $20 for the year, come on...   And the conference organizer told me that they are looking doing an annual conference, somewhere in the region, so it's totally awesome that if you missed this, you can perhaps do it again next year!

The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America (of which we are a branch) had a booth there. They are also working tirelessly our behalf. If you are not a member, please consider it. You can see all that they do for us at www.gluten.net. In fact, there is a program going on now called Chef to Plate which is all about getting restaurants in your area who are gluten free friendly to promote it. In fact, it's in May, so I will do my best to get more info out to you soon, so if you want to be part of it, you can. But please do check out www.gluten.net.

More soon!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment